Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last night we attempted to go to the dog track. It's just like the horse races, but they do it at night and it's something that Lutz and the Heiseys have gone to before. We rode in two seperate cars because we don't all fit in one and us the Heiseys got there first and went in. When the Lutzs got there they were told Ryder wasn't allowed in, so we stayed for two races and went home. Travis lost $15, so I think it was a good thing we couldn't stay because $15 x 13 races=a very unhappy wife.
Since our plans at the track were cancelled we went home and broke out Cranium. We played guys against girls. The girls dominated the entire game. Then the boys wanted to play for a guys night out or a girls night out, so we each played trying to get one from each category. We got our girls night. Then they wanted to play for 15 minute massages. We got our 15 minute massages. Then they wanted to play for another 15 minute massage. We got another one, and called it quits. It just wasn't their night, and boy was it fun because you know how competitive those boys can be, and to be beaten by their wives. It was really quite fun for us girls, and quite rewarding.
They look so happy; this is before they lost, again, and again.

The Cranium Champions

Spring training is coming to an end and I must say I'm quite sad. This is the last year the Reds will have spring training in Sarasota. Next year it will be in Goodyear, Arizona. This is where Travis and I got engaged, and really where we've probably spent most of our relationship. It's a beautiful area and I'm going to miss it.

I've really had a great time this spring training. Normally we have some of the guys stay with us and it's been really fun for me to have two other females around. It really helps to have them around to vent to about this crazy baseball world we live in. I've also gotten to see how having a baby will work in this life, and I hope and pray we get children like Ryder.

No comments: