Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Training Begins

Travis and I left Arkansas around 6:45 Wednesday morning and got into Sarasota around 11 that night. We checked into a hotel until the house that we're renting for spring training was ready.
We're renting a three bedroom house with two other married couples. Derrik and Danielle Lutz and Chris and Lisa Heisey. Lutz is a pitcher and Heisey is an outfielder. The Lutz's have a 6 month old son, Ryder. He's gotten so big since the last time we saw him, I can't even believe it. Having him around is going to be great practice for Travis and I. I'm hoping his mom lets me baby sit while she does her work and the boys are at the field, I don't think it will take too much convincing. The Heiseys are from Pennsylvania and they ran into some bad weather while they were on their way down, so they should be here tomorrow.
I'm so excited about spring training this year. Last year we had two single guys that stayed with us, so it will be a completely different experience this year, and so much more fun for me. The wives and I are planning on some beach days and I know some shopping will happen. This is the Reds last year in Sarasota so we have to take it all in while you can.
Our last few days at home were packed full of trying to see everyone and say good bye. We went bowling a few times with friends and family, had a few family dinners, I had a girls night out with Casey and we went to a really cute new restaraunt called Ya's Ya's and went and saw "He's Just Not That Into You," Travis had a few poker nights and golf trips. He even managed to take a few fishing trips, I even went on one.
Here are a few pics from our last couple weeks at home. I promise to keep everyone updated on how the season goes and I hope to see some of you during the season.

Our fishing trip, we caught well over 200 fish.


167 fish, we gave them all away


We took a trip to Hot Springs for Valentine's Day and Travis decorated the room for me.


While we were in Hot Springs, we went to the Mid America Science Museum. We each had been there when we were younger, but hadn't been in years.






No comments: