Friday, April 10, 2009

Travis got 3 RBIs; Mudcats win 5-4


Travis pitched in his first game of the season tonight. Pitching wise he did okay, no runs, but he did struggle with 5 walks in 3.1 innings before hitting his pitch count. The super exciting part of the entire night was when Travis came up to bat for his first time this year. He came up to bat in the second inning with the bases loaded and 2 out. He was behind in the count with 1 ball, 2 strikes and hit a fast ball all the way to center field (maybe). He got a double and all the runners scored. It was amazing! It is his first professional hit. Last year he got on base a few times with some walks and he got hit by a pitch once, but he never got a hit. I so wish that I could have been there to see it, but I know it's just the first of many. His mom and grandparents were there and I'm hoping someone has pictures from the game. The Mudcats (yes, that's right, we're the catfish team) won 5-4. So we're now 1-1 in the series.

An update on the move to North Carolina:

We left after the boys practice on Saturday. The drive wasn't bad (especially because Travis drove the whole way), except the speeding ticket Travis got in South Carolina. When we got here we checked into the team hotel and got some much needed sleep. We moved into our apartment Tuesday and Travis left for an 11 day road trip Wednesday morning.

I've just been getting the apartment organized and trying to make it as homey as possible, which is hard to do when you have to have such a movable lifestyle. Anyways, so far the area is nice. Our apartment is in a good location, close to Target, Wal Mart, fast food, Chili's, all of the essentials. The girls and I are just spending this time while the boys are away learning the city. Tomorrow we're attempting to find the mall and get Ryder's picture with the Easter bunny. We're supposed to attempt to dye Easter eggs also which should be interesting.

No comments: