Thursday, May 14, 2009

So much going on

Let me start out by saying, Travis got his second win of the season!!! He went 7 innings, gave up 7 hits, 1 run, 7 strikeouts! He is currently ranked second in the entire league (but I count him as first because the other guy got called up to the bigs while he was pitching against us the other night, and then had his debut against the Reds last night, so he's not even in the league currently). I am sooooo proud of him and wish I could be there to see every game, but the trips are just too far, so I just listen on the computer, and yell at the computer.

On another note, we walked in the Walk to Defeat ALS on Saturday and it was amazing. There were so many guys that came from the team, wives/girlfriends, and even several dogs that participated. It was really an amazing turnout and I'm so glad we got to be a part of it. Thank you to everyone who donated. We actually doubled our goal of $500 and have raised over $1,000.

The boys left Sunday morning, Danielle and Ryder flew to Cape Cod early that morning, and Lisa left with her parents so Chelsea and I were left to suffer through this trip. Sunday we went shopping and to dinner with Heather before she had to head back to work. Then last night we went to dinner with David Bell's (the coach for the Mudcats) wife, Kristi. It was really interesting to get her insight as to how this life works further into it. It's crazy how you still have the same problems to deal with (the chance of moving at any time, moving a million places, how to deal with having a family in this business, etc.). Kristi wanted to try out a French restaurant, Coquette. Chelsea and I googled it to look at the menu because we were a little nervous. The menu was mainly in French which scared us even more, and then the mentioning of frog legs, escargot, and other strange things really freaked us out. We both decided to go with "Steak Frites with Maitre'd butter" and it was a very good choice (frites is fries and is pronounced like freets, they were very good and didn't even require ketchup luckily because I don't think they had any). It was amazing, definitely a place we will have to go again. Chelsea and I have had a really great time, going to the gym, eating out, shopping, but we've missed the other girls, and definitely have missed the guys. They come home Saturday morning, but will really only be home for four nights.

Prayers please:
Please pray for Casey and her family. Her father, Jerry Hitt, passed away in his sleep at the end of last week. His service will be tomorrow and they could really use every one's thoughts and prayers to help get them through everything.

1 comment:

Amberle said...

I am glad travis is going really good in baseball. I am glad to hear yall are doing really well.

How did casey's father pass away. I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.