Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This is why I've been MIA

I've been missing in the blog world, I know, I know. But I have really good excuses.

Excuse #1: We've officially stayed in four different homes during spring training. Yes, that's four homes in 2 months. Originally we were staying with a guy that had bought a house out here. Take my advice: do not rent from someone when they are going to be living at the house unless you know them very well before hand. Let's just say that was a learning experience for all of us. When we moved out of there we didn't really have a plan so the Denove's took us in for a few days before their family came in. Then we found a house we were going to rent, but it was rented for 9 days before we could get in, so the Lutz's took us into their home. We are so very grateful for our baseball family during the crazy times.

That brings me to Excuse #2: We lived in a 2 bedroom house with 6 adults, one teething, very sick 18 month old, 2 cats and 2 dogs for 9 days so needless to say I was not unpacking much and the computer did not leave it's bag. The Heisey's were in the living room and Travis and I were in a playroom/office separated from the Heisey's by a curtain. It worked. We had a good time, played Settlers, had a cookout, got some sun, and got to catch up with the Lutz's after missing them half of last season when Derrik had to have surgery.

And because of all of this moving and craziness I was very tired, but that also brings me to Excuse #3, if you haven't heard yet, I'm pregnant! We found out last week and we're so excited. So far, so good. I'm just really, really tired. Last night I experienced my first nauseousness, and I hope that doesn't happen often. We haven't been to the doctor yet because we're trying to wait and see one either when I go home or wherever we end up going, just depending on where they send us. But I have taken 6 tests at all different times of the day, on a few different days just to make sure I wasn't getting some faulty test. All said "pregnant." We are so very excited. It seems as though we may have "planned" perfectly and I should be due the middle of November/early December. "Planned" is in parenthesis because we weren't trying, but we weren't preventing. Travis is already talking to my belly, I'm taking my vitamins, and I have already started applying the cocoa butter.

So that's why I've been MIA this spring training.

No comments: