Our friends, and Travis's teammate, Derrik Lutz, his wife Danielle, and they're nine month old baby boy Ryder, left us last night to head to Florida. Derrik has to have surgery on his elbow (Tommy John) and will be out for the season. It's horrible to have to say good bye, especially when it's for something like surgery. After the game last night we went over and helped them finish up they're packing and loading everything up, and then had to say our good byes. It's amazing how close we all become. I was trying to describe it to one the guys girlfriends. It's her first season of the baseball life, and I was trying to explain how close we all are and why. Even though some of us probably never would have been friends in our every day worlds, we all have this common bond; we love guys that play baseball. It's weird how close that can make you, but when your entire world is basically centered around the baseball world and what may happen during the season, it is definitely a bond that only we understand. We have all become so close and I am so grateful to have made such good friends through this crazy world. The players and their wives/girlfriends/fiances become your family during the season. We celebrate birthdays, anniversarys, and even births together. They are the ones that already understand what's going on without explanation. I don't have to tell them why I'm stressed about certain situations because they understand and have the same issues and worries. We understand each other and we understand each other's lives. It's an amazing, crazy, stressful world but we get through it with the help of each other. Thank you girls for listening to me, being there for me, and supporting us. I hope I offer the same for all of you.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment