Thursday, June 4, 2009

The boys were home for 10 days!

The guys were home for 10 days and it flew by, as usual. We didn't really do too much. Travis got a couple of golf games in. We grilled out Sunday night with a majority of the team because they had a day game. Chelsea and I witnessed Ryder actually get up on his knees and crawl for the first time in the clubhouse. Normally, he just does this army crawl, scooting technique that still gets him around, but isn't technically "crawling."
Abbi turned 2 on June 2. I can't believe we've had her for almost two years already, it's gone by so fast. We're going to have a doggy birthday party while the boys are gone. I'm going to make a cake, I got party hats, and lots of treats. I'm keeping Homer, the Heisey's puppy, until Sunday while Chris is on the road and Lisa's home for a wedding. Him and Abbi get along very well because they both of lots of energy.
The team has been playing really, really well and has won 14 of their last 15 games. We're one game behind first place in our division so every game counts. Between Travis's last two starts he's gone 13 innings, 2 runs, 1 walk, and 8 strikeouts. He continues to lead the Southern League with an ERA of 1.38. His last start he pitched 6 shutout innings, and got a no decision because noone scored until Juan Francisco hit the game winning walk off homerun in the bottom of the 10th.
The guys left tonight for Jacksonville, Florida. Hopefully they'll keep the winning streak up. They have an off day when the get back and it's really going to be the first real off day of the season that they haven't been travelling (even though they do come in at like 6 a.m. on that off day, we'll take it either way).

The guys jumping on Francisco after winning the game
Travis-I'm not sure when this was taken but it's a really good picture I stole off the Mudcats website
The Manager of the Tennessee Smokies-Ryne Sandberg, MLB Hall of Famer, he's kind of a big deal
Abbi in her new kennel, with her new birthday collar, playing with her birthday toy from the Cozarts


No comments: