Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Last minute advice

Ok, there are only 10 days until our wedding. At this moment I'm not stressed, but I really feel like I am leaving things out. So, I need any last minute tips, thoughts or suggestions for the wedding day. Also, for any of you that have been on a cruise, any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of your help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let everyone else help you out as the day gets closer. Don't feel like you have to have all the control. There will be so many people willing to help you out...let them. Also, don't forget to put a list together of things you might want your brides maids to do:-Impotant pics that you want taken,they can help the photographer out!-Things you need packed up, so you don't leave them behind at the ceremony or reception-your shoes, they can go get a pair of flats for you-prety much anything!Good luck! It is wgoign to be such a fun ride!

LISA said...

Brit-
Your day is so close. I am with "The Lecure" let anyone and everyone help you out. I am sure you have probably everything covered though. A list for bridesmaids is definitely a help. I don't know where you are getting ready and where your things will be but if it is at the wedding site, make sure you have someone who will gather your stuff for you and take it wherever it needs to go. Don't be afraid to tell the photographer if there is a picture you want or don't want to do. We dealt with that a little bit. Make sure you eat at least a little bit before the wedding, no one wants a fainting bride :) I was glad I did because that evening I didn't feel like eating at all!

For a cruise- don't over pack. I took a bunch of clothes and ended up wearing my bathing suit a majority of the time! On our cruise the dining room (there are multiple places to eat but the dining room is the main eating room every night) had a no t-shirt policy. Chris wore khakis and a polo usually when we went to dinner. There is also a formal night most of the time where guys where suits and girls wear a nice dress. Bring a long sleeve because the shows, bars, dance rooms, etc have extremely cold air conditioning. These were all things for our cruise but obviously not all ships are the same :)

Good luck! Have fun! You will have a great time!

The Lutz Family said...

Brittany-

I am so excited for you that your day is fastly approaching! It is going to be one of the best days of your life... until you have a baby :) Just really take a deep breath and enjoy everything. Whether things go right or wrong it's still your day and can only be what you make of it! Remember to enjoy that whole few days of events and not just focus on the actual wedding. I had just as much fun the few days before having all my friends and family in town. Make sure you have all of your stuff done so you can enjoy that time with them. I don't know if you plan on it, but don't spend the night before with Travis and don't talk to him the day of the wedding... it really builds the anticipation! (You'll be so proud when you see him at the end of the aisle and realize he managed to get himself and his buddies ready without your help! LoL... I was shocked at how good they looked without my help of ironing and everything else.) Enjoy that time with your friends. It's the one time you get to enjoy having all your friends just for yourself (you'll have your whole honeymoon with Travis!) Enjoy that morning getting ready and just take it all in.. and I agree with Lisa.. definatley eat something!

Advice a friend gave me for my wedding... make sure you and Travis spend the ceremony together. Sometimes people wind up spending time wiht so many different people they realize they didn't spend their own wedding together sharing the experience. Make sure you dance and have a great time! Everyone else can take care of themselves!

Your cruise will be amazing.. you'll go again and again (we're going in January on the same one we did for our honeymoon) You will totally be in a bathing suit all the time! When you go on excursions pack stuff that can get wet! The first time we went on a cruise we'd have a nice bag, our digital camera, sandals, just all sorts of crap we didnt need. Get a mesh bag from like target that cna go in the water, disposable water proof cameras (before you leave there expensive on the crusie), and water shoes.. there ugly but worth it... sandals suck when your trying to walk over rocks in water with. We would always bring towels and if they got wet then it wasn't a big deal. make sure your bag has a zipper section in it so hold your money and stuff so when its dragging through the water it doesnt fall out! We missed out on the most amazing excusrion because we had to carry our dumb bag.. .just go for it and don't bring much! Humm.... what else.. take out cash before the cruise. There are atms on the ship, but it's expensive. Get small bills so you can bargain off the ship. If they see 100 dollar bills it oculd be hard to get change.

And my #1 piece of advice is... you better get a picture up of the two of you before you leave or the day you get home... or else i'll never let you live it down!

Enjoy your day girlie... you deserve it!

LISA said...

Wow I wish I had all this advice before I left :)

Water shoes or crocs for the beach and rocks. We have crocs down here and have been coming in handy you can wear them anywhere!

The Lutz Family said...

Derrik's Advice: Don't do it!

Nice huh?!