Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nearing the end of the first trimester

Our Wonderful Baby

Due November 15, 2010
Update on how I'm feeling:
Well I am officially nearing the end of the first trimester and let me tell you, it hasn't been fun. Now, I don't want to complain because it is my child and it is completely worth every second of nausea, every strange thing my body is doing, and even the acne that has come about in some strange places (my thighs for example, what is that about?). But I am glad I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. The past two days I have even been able to brush my teeth without gagging. Quite an accomplishment these days. I still have practically no energy and I find myself dosing off at the most random times, but oh well. May as well sleep as much as possible right now because I won't be getting much come November.
Back up to the first doctors appointment:
Travis and I had decided we would wait until we found out where we were going for the season to make the first doctor's appointment. If he ended up in Cincinnati we would have gone together, but he was sent to Louisville and they started on the road. So I went home and made an appointment there. I'm going to need a doctor at home because if everything goes as planned I'll be delivering at home (such an amazing blessing because Travis will not miss the birth and if it was baseball season, there's a big chance he could). I was sad he couldn't be there, but I will take what I can get and the two big appointments are when we find out what we're having and when we deliver so I'll be happy that he'll be there for those.
First ultrasound:
We did do an ultrasound while I was home and I must say, it was a much more difficult process than I ever imagined. I had to drink 48 ounces of water 2 hours before my appointment and once you start you're not supposed to go to the bathroom. I didn't think that sounded too hard, but the fact that you know you're not allowed to "go" makes it a million times worse I'm pretty sure. By the time the lady came to get me I was about ready to cuss her for taking her time walking to the door because she was texting. Then, after all of that we still had to do an endoscopic ultrasound because I wasn't as far along as they usually prefer. Luckily, I was allowed to "go" before they had to do that. My aunt and my best friend Casey were with me, and we were able to see the little arm buds and spine. The heartbeat was good and strong. It definitely was a relief to see the baby (I had taken 7 home pregnancy tests from the time we found out till going to the doctor, just to make sure nothing had changed).
Next doctors appointment:
My doctor at home said I could just see him twice during the season and then when we get home, or I could get a doctor in Louisville and then they'll just communicate. Being my first pregnancy I'm getting a doctor here in Louisville as well. They can't see me until June 3rd though and I'm really sad about it. Seems so long, but it's also a blessing because Travis and the boys have an off day that day so he will definitely be able to go with me and by that time I'll be 16 weeks or so, so hopefully we can find out if we're having a boy or a girl! We can't wait to find out.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

new follower
have a bless weekend