Travis was invited to attend Reds Fest in Cincinnati. It's a weekend where fans can mingle with past, present and future Reds players. Over 17,000 Reds fans came to the event that was held Dec. 4 and 5. The guys have photo sessions, autograph sessions, they read to kids, have a wiffle ball home run derby, and Saturday night there was a poker tournament with 500 participants. All of the proceeds from the event benefit the Reds Community Fund. This year they raised over $50,000! It was really an honor for him to be invited and it was such a fun weekend. The best part was getting to catch up with part of our extended baseball family.Enjoy some photos from our trip. I was horrible about taking pictures while we were there and only got one picture of Travis and I from the entire weekend.Walking around Cincinnati after we got into town (that's why I look so tired; travel days are always tiring). We didn't get to go ice skating because we think the Reds would frown upon that
:(
Travis accepting his Reds Minor League Pitcher of the Year award
Reds players-past and present
So much talent and history on stage, I got goose bumps, and that doesn't happen easily
A HUGE Reds jersey, I should have stood by it so you could see exactly how big it is, but it's covering the whole wall
No comments:
Post a Comment